2009-08-04

Open your eyes


I know well this breeze that rushes trough my face.
It is calling for me, whispering my eyes to open.
Following its voice my vision awakes,
Only to find myself flying over the seashore.

It’s not strange to me to be flying,
Neither the small pair of wings that sustain me,
But why am I gray?

Absorb with this thought, I stare the ocean.
Is not blue the color I see, but also gray.
Glancing the clouds, that same color is found.
Even the sand in the shore, is painted like the ocean.

It’s not strange to me to be flying,
Not even my vision being carried by this body of a bird,
But why is everything gray?

Lost with this thought, I fall my vision to the sands.
It’s there where I find the first sign of life,
Like distant stars,
Something is sparkling from there.

I rush my wings to those small grains of light,
As I urge to ground the sands,
I start to glimpse what is shining:
Someone left a long trail of glowing footsteps in the sand!

It’s was then, that I realize why everything was gray.
All the colors have followed the one, who walked there,
And a trail of light was left there, for me to know,
Why everything else was colorless.

To say goodbye to my perfect sleep,
That’s why I’m here.
Never learned how to walk the sands,
That’s why I cannot follow it.

But something can…

So I rise to the highs,
Pull two feathers from my wings,
Gently, lay my smile between them,
And with a kiss, whisper them to follow the trail.

As I watch them go, a last glance I take to the oceans of gray.
A last smile I lay to the trail of lights.
While a last thought comes to my mind:
“I’m ready”

It’s then, that this perfect sleep comes alive,
And all those oceans at the same time,
Tenderly, whisper those words:
“Open your eyes”...

Sem comentários: